Subject: Cosentino: Legal, Regulatory Hurdles Mount - WINE INDUSTRY INSIGHT - EMAIL EDITION
Date: 2010-02-20 15:43:24
To: Emailing List Subscriber
Please use CMD+F (Mac) or CRTL+ F(Windows) to find your specific search term within this issue of NewsFetch. This "double search" is due to our links sourcing from websites not within WineIndustryInsight.
ALSO SPONSORED BY:
Cosentino: Legal, Regulatory Hurdles Mount
Cosentino Winery's legal, regulatory and financial hurdles continue to mount with:
- The VA Filtration trial which opened Feb. 18.
- Carpenter Ranch lawsuit scheduled for trial May 14.
- An imminent CDFA decision on whether or not to revoke its license to buy winegrapes.
- Two lawsuits by wine brokers claiming unpaid commissions.
- A major judgment obtained by Mustard's Grill moving closer to enforcement.
- A new California State Tax lien filed by EDD.
- An unpaid-wage judgment from the California Labor Commission.
VA FILTRATION TRIAL STARTS WITH DISPUTED BILLING AND MULTIPLE BUSINESS ENTITIES
Napa-based VA Filtration filed against Cosentino Winery LLC to recover $33,445 plus $4,900.40 in interest it stated was owed for work performed in 2008.
According to court documents and testimony in open court, VA Filtration was hired by Cosentino Winery to reduce volatile acidity in 22,166 gallons of Petite Syrah, Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc and Merlot at Crystal Valley Cellars near Lodi. The cost of that treatment was $20,745.
Crystal Valley Cellars LLC, like Cosentino Winery LLC, is a subsidiary of CSEL (see diagram, below).
VIP Subscribers click here to read the complete, un-redacted article.
Also In This Article:
The full text of the following sections is available to VIP Premium Subscribers).
- VOLATILE ACIDITY REDUCTION ON 12,000 GALLONS OF ZINFANDEL DISPUTED
- COSENTINO DENIES LIABILITY, SAYS WRONG CORPORATE ENTITY SUED
- JUDGE URGES SETTLEMENT, RESULT UNKNOWN
- CARPENTER RANCH SUES FOR $569,759 AFTER PAYMENT AGREEMENT FAILS
- CDFA RULING IMMINENT: COULD BAR PURCHASE OF WINEGRAPES
- BROKER LAWSUITS CLAIM SALES COMMISSIONS UNPAID
- MUSTARD'S GRILL ESTABLISHES LIEN AGAINST WINERY PROPERTY
- CALIF. EDD LIEN CLAIMS UNPAID EMPLOYMENT TAXES
- STATE LABOR COMMISSION OBTAINS JUDGMENT FOR UNPAID WAGES
Not a VIP subscriber yet?
Subscribe now, and get the rest of this 996-word original article along with everything else on the site every day, including the Data Cellar for just $9.99 per month or $115.88 per year. Click here for more details.
Not A Subscriber Yet?
Subscribe now, and get the rest of this article and everything else in every article on the site every day, including the Data Cellar for just$9.99 per month or $115.88 per year. Click here for more details.
================= CONTACT DATA ====================
670 W. Napa St., Suite H, Sonoma, CA 95476
Phone: 707-326-4503, fax: 707-940-4146